Water Damage / Motherboard Repair in Toronto
Water damage repair is one of the most common repairs. If you dropped your smartphone in a water or soaked in liquid, time is a factor in saving your phone from further damage.
Here is a list of things to do if your phone was exposed to water that can help you to save it.
- Don’t Press Anything : Don ‘t turn it on, don’t use the phone, don’t press any key, don’t navigate.
- BRING IT TO OUR REPAIR SHOP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BEFORE IT STARTS TO RUST INSIDE
- If you can, remove its battery if it is user removable, also its protective case, also the SIM card & SD Micro card.
- Dry the water damage phone with a dry towel or cloth, but don’t blow it.
- Do not take the phone apart but try to dry with: a vacuum, rice bag as a drying pouch, silica gel pack.
- Wait for 36 – 48 hours for the moisture in the water damage phone to dry out completely.
- Check the phone, if moisture remains evident then do not re-insert the battery or attempt to power it on just yet.
- If your phone does not power on, bring it immediately to smartphone repair center to have it opened up for cleaning, dry up, diagnostic and test.
It only costs you about $25 to have a water damage diagnostic & cleaning, but if you power up while the moisture is still not completely dried up inside, it may cause a serious damage to your phone, due to short circuit from corrosion on electrical circuits of the motherboard.
We can replace some IC chip on the motherboard, but if we can’t repair a water damaged phone due to a short circuited motherboard, then you can offer you a Trade-in credit for another phone we sell.
What brands of smartphone can we assess for a water damage repair?
We can cast our expert eye over almost all types of phone, including:
- Samsung Galaxy
- Google Nexus
- LG / HTC / Sony / Motorola
- Blackberry etc.
Why get your water damaged phone assessed by us?
- We can help to diagnose your phone if it’s been:
- Splashed by liquid or soaked by rain
- Dropped in water or on hard surface
- Dropped in a toilet
- Left in a damp place or affected by moisture condensation.
We are specialists in mobile phone repair, and if your phone’s been damaged by liquid, we can tell you whether or not your phone is recoverable.
Contact us about motherboard micro soldering repair or IC chip replacement due to water damage or other hardware / software malfunctioning such as:
- iPhone display malfunction not due to LCD touch screen (touch IC / back-light IC replacement)
- Power / battery can not be charged up (charging IC or power management IC replacement)
- WiFi network does not connect / grayed out (wifi IC replacement)
- iPhone stuck at “Apple logo” at boot up after a hard drop (Re-solder & rewire loosen IC chip)
- Other software or hardware issues (such as proximity sensor, gyro sensor etc.)