Water Damage Repair in Toronto
Water damage repair is one of the most common repairs. If you dropped your smartphone in a water or soaked in liquid, time can be a factor in saving your phone from further damage. Here is a list of things to do if your phone was exposed to water that can help you to save it.
- Don’t Press Anything : Don ‘t turn it on, don’t use the phone, don’t press any key, don’t navigate.
- Remove the battery and its protective case, also the SIM card & SD Micro card.
- Dry the water damage phone with a dry towel or cloth, but don’t blow it.
- Do not take the phone apart but do dry the phone using : a vacuum, rice bag as a drying pouch, silica gel pack.
- Wait for 36 – 48 hours for the moisture in the water damage phone to dry out completely.
- Check the phone, if moisture remains evident then do not re-insert the battery or attempt to power it on just yet.
- If your phone does not power on, bring it immediately to smartphone repair center to have it opened up for cleaning, dry up, diagnostic and test.
It only costs you about $25 to have a water damage diagnostic & cleaning, but if you power up while the moisture is still not completely dried up inside, it may cause a serious damage to your phone, due to short circuit from corrosion on electrical circuits of the motherboard.
What brands of phone can we assess for water damage?
We can cast our expert eye over almost all types of phone, including:
- Google Nexus
- LG / HTC
- Nokia / Microsoft
- Motorola etc.
Why get your water damaged phone assessed by us?
- We can help to diagnose your phone if it’s been:
- Splashed by liquid
- Dropped in water or snow
- Dropped in a toilet
- Soaked by rain
- Left in a damp place
- Affected by moisture condensation.
We are specialists in mobile phone repair, and if your phone’s been damaged by liquid, we can tell you whether or not your phone is recoverable.
Contact us now to discuss your repair needs.